The latest quarterly Bellyful recipient and referrer survey shows Bellyful continues to make a difference in the lives of the whānau we support, by allowing them time to focus on their babies and children.
Research NZ quizzed people who referred to Bellyful, or were recipients, from July to September last year.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- 92 percent say our meals allowed them to focus on caring for their baby
- 85 percent say we allowed them to spend quality time with their other children
- 87 percent say we allowed them to eat something nutritional, rather than takeaways or something put together quickly
- 90 percent say we made them feel cared for
- 96 percent say we did not judge them or their situation
Some of the comments:
“Amazing service. Was contacted very quickly after making an online enquiry and within a few days was delivered my meals. The lady who dropped off the meals was lovely to deal with as well.”
“Bellyful is literally a lifesaver. I was at the end of my tether when I got in touch with you. The person coming to my house – the next day – with a bag of food made me cry. It was just so wonderful. And the food was delicious. We felt like we hit the jackpot.”
“I did not know this service existed until my sister nominated us and it came at the best time and the person who delivered the meals was kind, happy and cheerful – it made my day! I also really appreciated that she text a while later to check in how I was. What an incredible thing you have going.”
A word cloud showing the responses from Bellyful recipients:
- 97 percent of referrers say we fill an important gap in the services that are available for whānau in need.
- 98 percent say we provide our service on an impartial, non-judgmental basis
Some of the comments:
“Amazing service available to families in need who lack support and are struggling. Amazing people who are selfless and willing to give.”
“Bellyful is an amazing service that fills a gap of need within community services. Whilst there are many foodbanks for low-income families, there is minimal supports for families whom are struggling with providing basic needs of nourishing meals due to their mental health, capacity or extreme circumstances. It is an amazing service and I recommend this often.”
“I appreciate the time and effort put in by the volunteers in the community who use their spare time to help family going through difficult times.”