How Bellyful will collect and use personal information.
We collect personal information about you from:
- You, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the Bellyful website referral forms or through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email).
- Third parties, where you have authorised this, for example from a referrer.
- If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
We will use your personal information to:
- Verify your identity, e.g. for new volunteers.
- Provide services and products to you, e.g. to deliver meals to you.
- Tell you about our services, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose).
- Improve the services that we provide to you.
- Undertake pre-employment and pre-volunteer checks of you.
- Bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit and debit card transactions.
- Send you receipts for donations or other payments you make to us
- Respond to communications from you, including a complaint.
- Conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis).
- Protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim; and
- Serve other purposes as necessary and authorised by you or the Act.
How Bellyful will store and manage changes or requests to personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse. This includes storing it in secure files and keeping access to a minimum. We will keep information for two years, after which we will securely destroy it (for example, by erasing digital records), or longer if you have subscribed to our newsletters or are a current Bellyful volunteer.
You have the right to access your personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. If we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at [email protected], or 0508 Bellyful, or P.O. Box 745, Pipitea, Wellington 6140. We may charge the reasonable costs of supplying this information to you.
Online use of personal information
We will take reasonable steps to secure any online collection of personal information. This includes use of privacy statements that specify the reasons for collecting any personal information, and assurances the owner or provider of the personal information gives Bellyful by sharing such information. This includes:
- Acknowledgment that if you post your personal information on our social media platforms such personal information is deemed publicly available.
Reasons for collecting personal information
Bellyful collects personal information so we can carry out our service and appropriately meet the needs of our recipients, referrers, supporters, and volunteers. This includes personal information, such as:
- Contact information
- Health information
We collect your personal information to:
- Deliver meals to whānau who need support
- Be able to contact our volunteers and staff
- Be able to contact our supporters
Besides our staff, we share this information with:
- Our volunteers to enable them to deliver meals to whānau.
Providing some information is optional. However, if an address and contact information is not provided, we’ll not be able to deliver meals.
Sign up for our newsletter.
Get the latest news from Bellyful direct to your inbox by signing up to receiving our quarterly newsletter, Bellyful Sauce.