Bellyful was ‘born’ out the desire to see families being supported by their fellow community members.
We don’t need to go through stressful times alone – and we know that having a new baby or a sick family member can make life tough! Having someone pop around with a couple of cooked meals can go a long way toward easing the stress.
As an organisation, we believe the following:
- It’s more than okay to ask for and accept help – in fact it’s really brave
- It’s important to acknowledge that parenting a newborn can be really hard
- Well supported families are less likely to struggle during times of stress
- New parents don’t need another source of advice
- As a community we need to look after each other
- Food brings people together